The HYDROS DC Solenoid Valve is a handy HYDROS Control 2 and Control 4 accessory that provides easy on/off RO or RO/DI water flow. You can connect the solenoid to your reverse osmosis filter and use it to top-off your tank if you don’t have the room available for a separate ATO reservoir.
The HYDROS DC Solenoid Valve works in conjunction with a HYDROS aquarium controller and an optical or mechanical water level sensor. When the sensor detects the water level is low, it opens the valve to allow fresh RO or RO/DI water to flow through and top-off your tank or sump. When the sensor senses that the water level is replenished, it will tell the Control 2 or Control 4 to shut off power to the solenoid. This closes the valve to stop the flow of reverse osmosis water. The HYDROS DC Solenoid Valve should be connected to the product line coming off your reverse osmosis system. It has 1/4″ push-connect fittings to insert standard RO tubing quickly and easily.
Instead of using the HYDROS DC Micro Pump as your ATO pump, you can use the HYDROS DC Solenoid Valve instead. Just plug it into a Drive Port on the Control 2 or Control 4 for power and control and configure in the HYDROS app. It is recommended to install an auto-shutoff valve and check valve on your reverse osmosis system to prevent it from producing wastewater when the solenoid is closed.
The HYDROS DC Solenoid Valve is an Official HYDROS Accessory manufactured by AutoAqua in Taiwan. Creators of the Smart ATO Micro, AutoAqua is one of the most well-known and trusted makers of ATO systems in the aquarium hobby today. CoralVue has thoroughly tested the DC Solenoid Valve to ensure seamless compatibility with the HYDROS platform. The product development team at CoralVue engineered the solenoid so it connects with a Drive Port on the controller using an aviation-style plug for safer operation. No additional power source is needed to run the solenoid.
HYDROS DC Solenoid Valve Specs:
Max Pressure: 120 PSI
The HYDROS DC Solenoid Valve uses a GX12 aviation-style connector so the Control 2 and Control 4 maintain their IP65-rating (dust-tight and protected from water spray at any angle).
Powered and controlled by plugging into a Drive Port on the HYDROS Control 2 or Control 4. No additional power cord is required.
Manufactured by AutoAqua, an official HYDROS Technology Partner.
CoralVue, Inc. and HYDROS hereby guarantee this product to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of:
- 1 Year
Warranty is activated on the date of purchase.
This Standard Limited Warranty applies and is limited as follows:
- To the product only as long as it remains in the possession of the original purchaser.
- To the product that has not been subject to accident, misuse or abuse.
- To the product that has not been modified, altered, defaced, or had repairs made or attempted by other than CoralVue, Inc.
- That CoralVue be immediately notified in writing within ten (10) days of first knowledge of defect by owner or his agent.
- That CoralVue, Inc. shall be given first opportunity to make any repairs, replacements or corrections to the defective construction within a reasonable period of time.
- Under no circumstances shall CoralVue and/or the Manufacturer be liable by virtue of this warranty or otherwise for damage to any person or property whatsoever for any special, indirect, secondary or consequential damages of any nature however arising out of the use or inability to use because of the product defect.