Moneywort is one of the most popular, adaptable, and durable aquarium plant species, and it makes a great addition to nearly any aquarium setup!
Moneywort (Bacopa monnieri) is an extremely popular aquarium plant due to its bright green coloration, durability, and ease of care. It has very few requirements beyond reasonably clean, nutrient-rich water and preferably moderate lighting. It will thrive and grow very quickly even in low-tech setups. It will also grow very well (and even flower) when emersed, so it can also be an excellent paludarium plant.
Care for Moneywort is very simple. It grows quickly when provided with nutrient rich soil and moderate to high lighting. It will grow at a slower pace under low lighting. Like most stem plants, it can be trimmed and cuttings can be replanted. In the case of this prolific plant, regular pruning may be necessary to avoid overgrowth. Like many plants, this plant will respond significantly to CO2, but certainly does not require such supplementation to thrive and grow at a slower pace.
No aquarium plant distributor/nursery/wholesaler/retailer can or will guarantee their plants to be 100% snail free. We can not guarantee our plants will be snail free.
What We Like About This Plant:
- Extremely versatile
- Excellent in low-tech setups and paludariums
- Prolific and easy to prune
- Excellent midground to background plant
- Very easy to maintain, even for beginners
- Temperature: 72° – 82° F (22° – 28° C)
- pH: 6.5 – 7.5
- Lighting: Moderate to High
- Origin: Lab-grown tissue culture, but indigenous to India and Southeast Asia and grows wild (sometimes invasive) on every other continent except for Antarctica.
- Aquarium placement: Midground to Background
- Care: Easy