Neptune DOS & DDR Dosing System Package
- DOS Fluid Metering System
- DDR DOS Dual Reservoir System
When you pair the DOS Fluid Metering System with the DDR Dual Reservoir System you create one of the smartest, state of the art dosing packages in the world. In conjunction with Apex Fusion the ability to make minor adjustments is easier than ever, even allowing you to monitor how much of your favorite liquid 2-part or trace element is left in the DDR Reservoir.
The #1 reason people purchase a dosing system for their aquariums is for consistent and easy dosing of 2-part solutions (calcium and alkalinity) to their reef tanks. The most common method for doing this today is to use standalone dosing pumps and run them on a timer using seconds or minutes to determine how much to dose. This is not only confusing, but also prone to inaccuracy. Everyone knows that when measuring a fluid it is done by volume, not time. Every dosing calculators out there uses volume. So, with the DOS, DDR, and the Apex Fusion interface you simply enter the amount you want of each part of the additives (one on each pump) and what hours of the day you want it delivered. The DOS then sets up all the dosing intervals within that time period. When that time interval is finished, the exact volume you set has been delivered. It even automatically chooses the slowest speed necessary for the pump so that it minimizes noise.
- Automated water changes – Water changes with the DOS are super easy. All you do is place your empty vessel and your fresh stock of saltwater under your stand. Then, with the Apex Fusion wizard just tell it an amount of water you want to change over what length of time and the hours of the day you want it to happen and it figures it all out for you. It will perform an automatic, continuous water change for you. It gets better. If you have our dual optical water sensing accessory Apex Fusion will send you an email or text message letting you know it is time to change out the jugs. Less time pumping, siphoning, and sloshing water and more time enjoying a great aquarium.
- Dosing micro amounts – If you need to dose tiny amounts of a particular solution, element or other fluid (like vodka dosing or Zeovit systems), the DOS is the perfect solution due to its precision controlled stepper motor. This ability to control pump movement in such a refined manner means that you can dose all the way down to 0.1ml at a time!
- Large diameter tubing – Larger size tubing means that your pump does not have to work nearly as hard – or stay on for longer cycles. The most popular dosing pumps on the market use tube fittings with the tiny diameter of 1.67mm. The DOS uses much larger tubing and fittings. In fact, at 3.33mm in diameter, the pump on the DOS can handle 4x the flow of the most common pump style on the market. This means that your pump (and motor) will run 1/4 the time to pump the same amount of fluid. Less run time means long pump life.
- Headache free interface – Programmability using Apex Fusion makes dosing a breeze.
- Quick and easy tubing changes – No matter the pump, your tubeset will eventually go bad. Changing out the peristaltic pump tubing on the DOS is a snap. Literally! All you need to do to change out the pump tubing is squeeze the pump head and remove. Then take out the tubing, replace with a new one, and snap it back on. No screws, no impossible snap on covers and no fussy loose rollers to mess with. And, because you are not changing out an entire pump head, your costs are lower as well!
- Adaptability – The DOS has an accessory port that will enable it to be connected to the DDR – Dual DOS Reservoir.
- Super silent operation – The Neptune Systems engineering team has taken extensive steps both in how the pump operates as well as the enclosure design to ensure that the DOS system is one of the quietest dosing systems on the market for the fluid volumes it delivers
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
1x DOS Fluid Metering System
- DOS pump
- Aquabus cable
- 4 meters of tubing
- Power supply
1x DDR DOS Dual Reservoir
- DDR with sensors and cable
- 4 meters of tubing
- Getting Started Guide
Requires: Apex, Apex Classic, Apex Jr., or Apex Light
Patented HFC12 series couplings have flow comparable to many 1/2″ nominal flow couplings in a 3/8″ body size. Compact and lightweight, HFC couplings replace bulky and heavy brass ball and sleeve couplings in a wide range of applications. An ergonomic design and a large shrouded thumb latch pad product a coupling that is easy to grip and simple to operate. An efficient valve design lead to high flow and exceptionally low spillage. Vacuum to 28 in. 3/8″ nominal flow. Specifications: Polypropylene(Gray) Working Pressure Max. 60 psi Operating Temperature 32°F to 160°F. Polypropylene is light gray.