TDS-3 is the most widely used handheld TDS meter in the world for hand held testing of TDS, the contaminant removed by the Reverse Osmosis (RO)Membrane itself. The TDS-3 Meter can be used to test membrane effectiveness, as well as DI Resin performance. TDS-3 also test water temperature. This meter can be used to measure the effectiveness of the membrane. To perform a test on a membrane (2) samples must be drawn. The first is untreated water and the other is RO treated water. Use the TDS reading to calculate a removal ratio. MERO Thin Film Composite (TFC) Membranes are effective for 95-98% removal of TDS when new. Replace at 85% removal. This meter can also be used to test the DI Resin performance. Water exiting the DI Resin should have zero TDS. Replace DI as this number rises.
- Ideal for commercial use. Includes a carrying case with belt clip.
- Highly efficient and accurate due to its advanced microprocessor technology.
- Hold Function: saves measurements for convenient reading and recording.
- Auto-off function: the meter shuts off automatically after 10 minutes of non-use to conserve batteries.
- Measurement Range: 0-9990 ppm. From 0-999 ppm, the resolution is in increments of 1ppm. From 1000 to 9990 ppm, the resolution is in increments of 10ppm, indicated by a blinking ‘x10’ image.
- Built-in digital thermometer
- Display: large and easy-to-read LCD screen.
- Factory Calibrated: our meters are calibrated with a 342 ppm NaCl solution. Meters can be recalibrated with a mini-screwdriver.
- Temp. Range: 0 – 80 degrees Celsius
- Resolution: 1 ppm, 1 degree Celsius (also available in 10 ppm)
- Accuracy: ±2%
- Power source: 2 x 1.5V button cell batteries (included)
- Battery life: 1000 hours of usage